“After muscle building, what you as a bodybuilder need to focus on is leg training,” says Thomas J Salzano, a professional bodybuilder. Many beginners are not aware of the benefits of lower-body workout and generally spend more time on muscle training.
As a beginner, you must equally focus on your legs training and include them in your muscle-building workout plans. Take advice from your trainer regarding the requirement, method and time interval for leg workout as if it differs from each body type.
In this blog today, Thomas J Salzano has shared some important tips related to legs workout for the beginner that will help that get trained better:
1) List of recommended exercises for legs workout:
- Barbell Full Squat
- Hack Squats
- Leg Extension
- Barbell Lunges
- Lying Leg Curl
- Seated Leg Curl
- Standing Calf Raises
- Seated Calf Raise
2) Leg Building Workout Programs that you can follow:
- Workout one
- Barbell Squat (4 sets, 4-6 reps)
- Dumbbell Lunges ( 4 sets, 12 reps)
- Leg Press ( 3 sets, 12-15 reps)
- Lying Leg Curls ( 3 sets, 12 reps)
- Leg Extensions (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Standing Calf Raises (4 sets, 12 reps)
3) Important points for legs workout:
– Don’t skip any training before the leg day as it is one of the tough days at the workout, your body needs to be prepared for the tough workout.
– Remember that no amount of leg pressing will replace squats, do more squats
– Avoid squat on a heel board or platers
– Don’t forget about the hamstring movements that bend from the hips
These are some important tips for beginners on leg workout. Thomas J Salzano says that the most important tip here is to start your leg training with a professional trainer for safety concerns. You can not afford to put too much pressure on your legs at the beginning of the workout session. Too much pressure on your legs can damage your muscles and cause serious injuries.